CLAT 2024 exam notification. CLAT 2024 will be held on 3 December 2023 for admissions to the 5-year integrated B.A., LL.B (Hons.) and LL.M. programmes that commence in the Academic Year 2024-2025 at the 22 participating NLUs,” read the notification.
It is a national-level law entrance exam which is conducted in offline mode. The Consortium of National Law Universities is the authority to conduct CLAT 2024 exam.
CLAT 2024 Exam Schedule
|Application submission’s last date||3-Nov|
Candidates can apply online only for the CLAT exam for admission to any of the participating universities falling under NLUs.
The candidates will get admission into undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law courses offered by 22 participating NLUs. Admission through CLAT 2024 will be given according to the merit list released during the result announcement.
Foreign Nationals need not appear for the test.
All NRI Category candidates have to appear for the CLAT 2024 examination for those NLUs where such category is admitted through CLAT 2023 rankings and not admitted directly by the concerned Universities.
CLAT 2024 Application Fee
|Previous year’s question papers excluding the application fee||Rs.500|
Mode of Payment
The fee can be paid online only
Application Fees are non-refundable.
The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed on the payment gateway page after candidates choose the mode of payment.
CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Only Indian Nationals/ NRI/NRI-sponsored candidates can apply for the exam.
For UG Programme:
- Age Limit: No upper age limit has been prescribed to apply for UG law courses.
- Examination: A candidate must have passed class 12 from a recognized board/ university.
- Minimum Marks: You have secured 45 %aggregate marks (40% marks for SC/ST) in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Appearing in class 12 in March 2024 are also eligible to apply for the exam.
For PG programme:
- Age Limit: No upper age limit has been prescribed.
- Examination: You have passed LLB or 5-year integrated LLB or its equivalent from a recognized institute/ university.
- Minimum Marks: You have secured 50 per cent aggregate marks (45 marks for SC/ ST) in the qualifying exam.
How to Apply?
- You register yourself at the CLAT 2023 website by using your personal mobile number and e-mail Id.
- Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number for validation. Once the mobile number is validated, candidates can log in using the registered mobile number and the password provided at the time of registration.
- Please fill out the form carefully. The Name of the candidate and the parents shall be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Please note that once the application is submitted and the application fee paid, the candidate cannot change the program, category, and BPL field.
Meanwhile, CLAT 2024 will be held on December 3.