Courses after 12th for Science Students: Most of us talk about careers after 12th class, whenever we are appearing for the 12th pre-board/board exam or awaiting the result. But, I would suggest that one must think about career moments when he/she needs to choose a stream in 11th class. It’s always worth off to be decided about the career choice in well advance. There are various students who are clear since childhood; however, there are some who are confused and looking for the right guidance to build a secure future. In whatever category, you may fall off, it is important that career decision must be taken considering the following criteria:
Always give your interest a priority, as it helps you to stay focused on a particular field for a longer period of time since you never lose interest.
- Understanding of the course
It’s really important to have an understanding about the course, what’s it’s duration, course structure or fee. It will help you to be prepared before entering the course.
- Future Prospects
One must explore what career opportunities are available after the course; especially if you are looking forward to pursuing an offbeat course.
- Engineering Courses:
- Minimum Eligibility: 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Streams Availability: Mechanical, IT, Metallurgical, Chemical, Civil, Electronics and Computer Science.
Now, look at the details of engineering major entrance exams:
|Entrance Exam||College/University||Exam Fee|
|JEE Mains||Accepted by All Major Engineering College Across the Country||Rs. 650/-for General|
Rs. 325 for SC, ST, PWD
|JEE Advanced||Accepted by All the IIT’s||Rs. 1300/- for SC, ST and Female Candidates|
Other entrance exams:
- COMEDK UGET
- TS EAMCET
- AP EAMCET
- TS EAMCET
- WB JEE
- BITSAT entrance test for BITS Pilani
- SRMJEEE entrance exam for SRM Chennai
- VITEEE entrance exam for VIT University
- IPU CET for Indraprastha University, Delhi
Job Positions: Chief Planning Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Software Engineer, CAD Specialist, Automation Engineer, Reliance, Machine Designer etc.
Job Recruiters: BHEL, Indian Oils, Wipro, Samsung, LG, HCL, IBM, HP, Tata Motors
Engineering Diploma Courses
It is a three years professional course. To get admission in diploma courses you have to pass 10 exams. The best part of pursuing a diploma is that students can get admission in B.E/B.Tech colleges after completing this diploma course.
It provides students with industry or job-related engineering knowledge, scientific skills, computing and analysis, mathematical techniques, a sound knowledge of English to communicate in the field and the ability to apply problem-solving techniques.
get employment as junior engineers, sub-engineers, associate engineers, technicians, technologists, supervisors, superintendents, foremen, machinists, workshop technicians, draftsmen, station technicians (energy, thermal, aeronautical), automobile technicians, maintenance and service technicians, equipment mechanics and technicians, CAD/CAM programmer, agricultural overseers, instrument technicians, junior instructors, manufacturing, tool and die designers, electricians…etc.
- Minimum Eligibility: 10
- Provision of lateral entry for 12 students with a science background
- Duration: 3 years
- Admission Process: Entrance Test:
- Course Fee: Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 5 Lakhs
- Top Recruiting Companies: SAIL, Bajaj, Hero, Ford, Aban Group, COAL India, Leyland Ford, Honda BARC
Diploma course can be pursued in following field
- Computer science
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
Job Positions: Diploma Engineer Trainee, Manufacturing Manager, Mechanical Designer, Diploma Engineer Trainee, Consultant Mechanical and Instructional Designer.
All the States and Union territories offer admission for Diploma courses.
- AP Poly CET (Andhra Pradesh)
- AP JEE(Arunachal Pradesh)
- Assam PAT
- CG PPT (Chattisgarh)
- Delhi CET
- Polytechnic Exam Goa
- GUJCET (Gujrat)
- Haryana Polytechnic Exam
- HP PAT (Himachal)
- JK PET (Jammu & Kashmir)
- PECE ( Jharkhand)
- Kerala Polytechnic Merit-based Admission No Entrance Test
- Karnataka Polytechnic Admission Test
- Madhya Pradesh Polytechnic entrance exam
- Maharashtra Polytechnic admission test
- Meghalaya Polytechnic Admission Test
- Mizoram Polytechnic Admission on Merit Basis No Entrance Test
- Nagaland Polytechnic Admission Test
- Punjab Joint Entrance Test (JET)
- Sikkim Polytechnic Admission Test
- Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admission Test
- TS Polycet Telangana
- Uttarakhand Polytechnic Exam (JEEP)
- Uttar Pradesh Polytechnic admission test (JEECUP)
- West Bengal Polytechnic admission Test (JEXPO)
Best Courses for PCB Students
If you have cleared your Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, you may choose to take admission in the following undergraduate programs:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS): After finishing Class 12 with PCB, you can take admission in medical courses. MBBS degree is a five-year course that includes studies of anatomy, physiology, microbiology, etc. You need to clear the NEET exam to get admission to the undergraduate medical program.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS): You can also take admission in dentistry courses. BDS degree is a five-year course that includes studies of subjects like oral biology and dental materials. You need to clear the NEET exam to get admission to the undergraduate medical program. Candidate can check top Dental college list here
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine (BHMS): This is a five-year graduate course that includes subjects like Materia Medica, Panchkarma, etc.
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine (BUMS): After finishing Class 12 with PCB, you can opt for this five-year graduate course that offers admission to students based on their NEET score.
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy: BOT is a diploma course that includes subjects like ergonomics and rehabilitation.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy: After your Class 12 you can take admitted in this undergraduate BPT degree, which includes the study of human movement and body function.
- Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science (BNYS course): This is a three-year undergraduate course that includes the study of Yoga and Naturopathy.
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS): This course includes subjects like Ayurvedic pharmacology, physiology, Yoga & Osteopathy.
- Bachelor of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science (BVSc): This is a five-year graduate course that includes the study of animal husbandry and veterinary science.
- BSc in Nursing: After completing Class 12, you can take admitted in this undergraduate course, which includes the study of anatomy, human behaviour, nursing practices, etc.
- Paramedical Courses: You may also take admission in paramedical courses that usually have a duration of 1-2 years.
- Bachelor of Viticulture: Viticulture is the study of grape cultivation and production.
- Bachelor of Forestry: This undergraduate course includes the study of plants, trees, soil fertility & conservation, etc.
- BSc In Horticulture: This undergraduate horticulture degree is offered by many colleges. It’s a three-year course that includes subjects like plant physiology, environment, microbiology, etc.
- Bachelor of Environmental Management: BEM is a four-year course that includes the study of environmental science, engineering, and management.
- Marine Biology: This four-year undergraduate degree includes the study of oceanography and marine biology.
- Biophysics: This is a four-year undergraduate course that includes the study of Physics with special reference to biological systems.
- Agriculture and Food Sciences: Graduation in agriculture is a four-year degree that includes the study of crops, animal husbandry, etc.
- Integrated B. Tech-M. Tech Biotechnology: This is a five-year course that includes the study of biochemistry, microbiology, genetics & molecular biology, etc.
- BS in Bioinformatics: You can also take admission in this four-year undergraduate degree that includes the study of Biology and Computational Biology.
- BSc in Physics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, and other related courses: Many colleges offer a four-year undergraduate course that includes the study of Physics and Chemistry with a specialization in Biological Sciences.
Other Courses Class 12 Science students can opt :
- BSc in Psychology: This is a four-year undergraduate degree that includes the study of animal behaviour and mental processes.
- Bachelor of Library Science: This is a three-year course that includes the study of information retrieval & management, acquisitions & bibliographical control, etc.
- Management Courses, such as BBA and BMS: You can also take admission in any of the management courses after Class 12.
- Diploma Courses: You may also opt for diploma courses that have a duration of 1-2 years. These are short-term professional courses that include training, assessment, etc.
- Certificate Courses: There are various certificate-level courses that you can undertake for self-development. These courses have a duration of 1-3 months.
- Media Courses, such as BJMC and Bachelor of Mass Media: You can also take admission in journalism and mass media courses after Class 12.
- Bachelor of Law (BA LLB): This is an undergraduate law course that requires students to score at least 45% in Class 12.
- BSc Statistics: This is a three-year undergraduate degree that offers specializations in mathematics, computer science & business administration, etc.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM): This is a three-year course that includes the study of eating out, meeting and event management, etc.