IIST – Form Out for Undergraduate CoursesEstablished under the UGC Act, IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology) is an autonomous institution which offers admission into undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of space science, space technology and space applications. Located at Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, this government-aided institute and deemed university is Asia’s first University to be solely dedicated to the study and research of Outer space. The institute was set up by the former president of India APJ Abdul Kalam.
IIST is affiliated to:
ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)
- Minimum eligibility:
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens can apply for the admission
- Educational Qualifications: Class 12th or equivalent from a recognized board/university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Age: Candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1995, and Candidates of SC/ST/PD must be born post-October 1, 1990
- Marks criteria in various entrance tests:
- JEE Scores: Candidates must have appeared in JEE Advanced test and scored qualifying marks in aggregate and each subject also.
- Marks Criteria in JEE Advanced: General Category candidates must have passed at least 20% in aggregate and at least 5% in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- EWS/OBC – NCL category: Candidates must score a minimum of 18% aggregate and 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects. SC/ST candidates should secure 10% in aggregate and at least 2.5% in each of the three subjects.
Note: No entrance exam is conducted by the institution to enrol students into the UG courses
IIST Admission Form Out for Undergraduate Courses2020 for UG Courses – The Application Form is out CLICK HERE for application details.
- Courses offered:
|Undergraduate Courses||B.Tech in Physical Sciences|
|B.Tech in Avionics|
|B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering|
- Official Dates for Undergraduate Courses:
|Starting date of Online Registration|
27th September 2020
|Online Registration Closure|
7th October 2020
|Publication of IIST admission rank list|
8th October 2020
|Closing date of opting for branch preferences|
9th October 2020
From 10th October 2020
|Joining into IIST and spot admission notification||16th November 2020|
|Spot admission registration||16th to 18th November 2020|
|Closing of admission joining IIST|
20th November 2020
|Commencement of Classes|
23rd November 2020
18th to 22nd November 2020
- Registration fee details:
|Male candidates in general/ OBC||Rs. 600|
|Female candidates in General EWS and OBC||Rs. 300|
|SC/ST/PD candidates||Rs. 300|
Important points to remember while filling out the form:
- Three steps of the application process:
- Filing details in the application form
- Uploading of images
- Fee payment
- Candidates need to upload their scanned photograph, signature and even caste certificate (if needed) in the specified format.
- Candidates can fill out the application form by 7th October 2020.
- Candidates must easily take out the print out whether it’s an application form or a fee receipt.
IIST 2020 Admission Procedure:
After the successful completion of counselling, IIST 2020 Admission Procedure will start. Candidates are required to visit the University for the processes of admission. Candidates will be required to submit the fee for the applied course.
In case candidates do not pay the course fee within a stipulated time period, then their candidature will get cancelled by the officials automatically.