KVPY Scholarship form 2021 – The KVPY 2021 will be held on 14 May 2022, candidate can note down the date for appearing in the test. Earlier this test was to be held on 9 January but because of Covid-19, it was not held.
The candidate could not apply for the KVPY scholarship but can apply now.
The last Date to apply for KVPY Scholarship has been extended to 19 October 2020.
KVPY Scholarship form 2021 has been released on 6th September 2020. The exam will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. KVPY entrance test is a national-level entrance test organized for the selection of eligible candidates on the basis of the Aptitude Test & Interview organized by IISc. Through this entrance exam, candidates are provided scholarships up to Pre-Ph.D. level for their selection. Eligible candidates awarded the scholarships will be able to pursue their career in the Research Science
APTITUDE TEST WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY 31st JANUARY 2021 AT VARIOUS CENTRES ACROSS THE COUNTRY.
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, offers attractive fellowships (Rs.5,000/- Rs.7000/- p.m.) and contingency grants (equivalent to four months fellowship per annum) to students studying in a 1st-year program in a basic science course such as B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. Selection of the program takes into account the academic excellence and skills to take up a research career in Basic Sciences
KVPY Scholarship Form 2021 Application Dates
1 Start of online submission of Application 6th September 2020
2 Last date for closing of online Application 5th October 2020
· For General category Rs, 1250/- (Rupees one thousand two hundred and fifty only)
· Rs.625/- (Rupees six hundred twenty-five only) for Students belonging to SC/ST//Persons With Disabilities
KVPY 2020 Eligibility Criteria
· Nationality: Candidates must be Indian National citizens in order to apply for KVPY 2020.
For SA Stream:
· Students enrolled in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2020-21.
· secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the 10 Board examination are eligible to appear for the aptitude Test.
· The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join for an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. ) in the academic year 2022-23 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in Science Subjects in the XII Standard /(+2) Board Examination.
· During an interim period of one year they will be invited to National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp and their travel expenses and local hospitality will be met by KVPY.
For SX Stream:
· Students enrolled in XII Standard / (+2) (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2020–21. aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S.) for the session 2021–22 during the academic year
· having secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the 10 Standard Board Examination are eligible to appear for the aptitude test. The Fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2021-22 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects in the XII standard/(+2) Board Examination.
· Appearing: Candidates who will be appearing or waiting for their 12th-level result are also eligible to apply.
For SB Stream:
· :Students enrolled in the 1st year of B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. during the academic year 2020–21
· have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST&PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects both in the XII Standard / (+2) Board Examination and 1st year of B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. are eligible to appear for the aptitude Test.
KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the KVPY Exam Pattern before starting their exam preparation:
· Exam Mode: KVPY 2020 entrance exam will be conducted through online mode.
· Medium: The language of the paper will be English & Hindi medium.
· Questions Type: The paper will consist of multiple choice questions (MCQ) in the paper.
· Attempts: In the SA stream, it is compulsory to attempt all questions. While in SB/SX stream, students have the option to attempt any three sections in Part I and two sections in Part II.
· Time Duration: A total of 3 hours of time will be given to complete the test.
· Maximum Marks: The entrance exam will be of 100 marks.
Few Points to Remember
· You should be an Indian National. But, as per the interim order (Final Order awaited) of the Hon’ble High Court of Karnataka OCI/PIO students will be allowed to write the KVPY Aptitude Test 2020.
· The KVPY fellowship is available to the students who have enrolled as regular students of the UG Program in Basic Science course in any College/Institution of a University recognized in India. · Students may apply Online at http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/
All the correspondence can be made at The Convener, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru – 560 012 Phone: 080-2293 2975 / 76/3537, 2360 1008 Fax: 080 – 2360 1215 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For more details visit: http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in