NEET 2024 MBBS Entrance Exam (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). To become a Doctor in India, one has to appear in the entrance test and must score well on the entrance test. NEET UG is such an exam, it’s an entry into a variety of courses such as MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH.
The criteria for minimum qualifying marks to be eligible for admission to MBBS courses shall also be applicable to concerned INIs like AIIMS and JIPMER.
|Top 10 Medical Colleges
|Top Dental Colleges in India
|Top Pharma Colleges
|General Medicine is the preferred Choice
Read this also
|How to prepare for NEET in Last two months
|Other Popular Medical courses besides MBBS & BDS
The NEET 2024 exam will be organized as a pen-and-paper and it will cover the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology syllabus from classes 11 and 12. The exam will be conducted in 13 languages.
The official notification for exam dates is announced one month earlier and the application process starts in March 2024.
The total number of Medical colleges is 657 and the total number of Seats available is 100388.
We have given the seat matrix below-:
|BVSC & AH
The NEET (UG) – 2024 result data could also be used for admissions to BVSc & AH courses under the 15% quota of VCI in recognized Veterinary Colleges.
The result of NEET (UG) – can be used by other entities of Central and State Governments, in accordance with their respective eligibility criteria / other norms /applicable regulations/guidelines/ rules.
NEET UG is conducted in these languages: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu
NEET 2024 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
MBBS and BDS
Candidate must complete 17 years of age at the time of admission
The candidate will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first-year Undergraduate Medical Course.
The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as of the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwBD Candidates.
NEET 2024 UG Educational Qualification
- The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination, equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study.
- Subjects-Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology includes practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The candidates who have passed the 10+2 level with Biology as an additional subject will also be eligible for MBBS Entrance Examination
- Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Biotechnology and further that he/ she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- The Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for eligibility for admission to Undergraduate Medical Courses.
- Percentage-General/EWS 50 % marks including Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology
- SC/ST/Other Backward Class(NLC)- 40 % marks including Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology.
Who is not eligible to appear in NEET UG 2024?
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open School or as private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for the ‘National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test’. Furthermore, a study of Biology/Biotechnology as an Additional Subject at the 10+2 level also shall not be permissible.
NEET UG 2024 Application Fee
The Pattern of the Test
The Test pattern of NEET (UG) carries two Sections. Each subject will consist of two sections.
- Section A will consist of 35 Questions
- Section B will have 15 questions, out of these 15 Questions, candidates can choose to attempt any 10 Questions. So, the total number of questions and utilization of time will remain the same.
Type of Question MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions).
Duration of Test Three hours
Marking 04 (four) marks for the right answer
Negative Marks one mark will be deducted for the wrong answer
Mode of Exam pen and paper-based answered on the specially designed machine gradable OMR sheet using Ball Point Pen.
Admission to AIIMS / JIPMER / Central Universities
Counselling for admission to MBBS / BDS, etc. Courses in AIIMS / JIPMER / Central Universities [(including Medical Colleges under DU & Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), BHU Medical College, AMU Medical College], ESIC Medical Colleges and Deemed Universities will be conducted by DGHS,
Reservation policy will be as per rules/regulations applicable to such Universities / Institutions.
Candidates aspiring for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses in such Universities/ Institutions based upon their All India Rank (AIR) in NEET(UG), shall have to register on the MCC website after the declaration of NEET (UG) – 2021 Result. The Candidate will have to register on the MCC Website. (www.mcc.nic.in).
The list of registered candidates will be forwarded to AFMC authorities for conducting counselling at their end.
Admission AFMC Pune
Admission to AFMC, Pune shall be subject to the norms prescribed by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. Candidates who apply for NEET (UG) and/or for seeking admission to AFMC also need to apply to AFMC at www.afmc.nic.in/www.afmcdg1d.gov.in.
The shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for a second-stage Screening Test conducted by AFMC. Candidates are advised to contact AFMC for further and exact details.
AFMC use the NEET score for BSc Nursing admission too.
Minimum Percentage for Admission to Medical Colleges
In order to be eligible for admission to Undergraduate Medical Courses for a particular academic year.
General, General-EWS, a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test to Undergraduate Medical Courses held for the said academic year.
For candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, or Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at the 40th percentile.
Admission in Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homeopathy
Counselling for all India quota seats of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani & Homoeopathy Government, Government aided Institutes, Central Universities, and National Institutes, Deemed to be Universities will be conducted by AACCC, and counselling for AIQ seats of Private ASU & H Institutes will be conducted by an authority designated by Central Government and Counselling for State quota seats will be conducted by respective State Government counselling authority.
Candidate will be able to fill application form and other details on NTA website