Top 5 Medical Courses in India
Pursuing a medical courses in India is far tougher than taking a decision to become a doctor. But, hats off to those who pursue their studies with as much as interest as when they were dreaming to become a doctor. Also, the zeal to serve others, the passion to think of other people’s wellness and the drive to come out of comfort zone and look what best you can do for others, so that people can feel every beat of life and make most of it; is not a small thing to have in one’s mind. Similarly when youth is going behind technology, there are few who understand the price of one’s life and opt medical. Because no matter how much wealth a person hoards, it’s just incomparable to health.
Furthermore, the Medical Council of India is the regulatory authority which has laid down rules and regulations to medical education, so that good education standard can be attained by every medical student. There are various medical courses in India that have been running from long, everyone have their own importance, you can choose according to your area of interest. Have a look:
Top 5 Medical Courses in India:
It is one of the most popular medical courses in India. Its full form is a bachelor of master’s and Bachelor of surgery. Medical entrance exams are conducted on a National Level and State Level to select suitable medical students for undergraduate medical programs. The MBBS degree holder can run their practice as a physician because they possess good knowledge for every right disease. While the total MBBS duration is 4.5 years of academic education + 1-year mandatory internship. Some of the popular entrance exams for MBBS are given below:
- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences): Most prestigious entrance exam
- AIPMT (All India Pre-medical Test): Conducted by CBSE
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore: Minority-run private & research institute
- Armed Force Medical College (AFMC): Managed by Indian Armed Forces
BDS is the only educational and professional program of dental surgery in India. It offers knowledge and skills related to general dental anatomy. The full form of this medical course in India is a Bachelor of Dental Surgery. BDS includes the treatment as well as prevention of a wide range of diseases of the mouth. Certainly, the main objective of the dentistry program is to produce a dentist who is socially acceptable and is able to work safely & effectively with patients in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and oral diseases. The duration of BDS degree ranges from 3 years to 5 years.
Popular BDS entrance exams are:
- Banaras Hindu University Medical Entrance Exam
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical Entrance Exam
- Christian Medical College Entrance Exam
- Delhi University Medical/Dental Entrance Exam
- All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Test
- Amrita University Medical Entrance Exam
- Association of Managements of Unaided Private Medical and Dental Colleges Exam
BHMS stands for Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery. BHMS is an undergraduate degree program in the medical field. Furthermore, this medical course in India treats patients with the help of heavily diluted preparations of chemicals. While it is an ancient medicine form that originated in Germany. Also, it works on the principle of stimulating the body’s immunity to heal oneself by giving small doses of highly diluted substances. BHMS course is of 5½ year duration including an internship. The best homoeopathy colleges in India are:
- National Institute of Homeopathy, Kolkata
- Shivaji University, South Maharashtra
- Motiwala Homeopathic Medical College, Gangapur
- Rajasthan Vidyapeeth Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) is an integrated Indian Degree in the medical field. This degree program is conferred to those students who have studied modern medicines and traditional Ayurveda. Ayurvedic science is one of the ancient medical systems of the world. It traces its roots to the Vedic period. Also, BAMS is 5 and a half years course. The best Ayurveda colleges in India are:
- Shri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic College, Chandigarh
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar
- JB Roy State Medical College, Kolkata
- Ayurvedic Medical College, Kolhapur
MD is a post-graduation degree, which stands for a master’s in medicine and MS is a post-graduation degree stands for a master’s in surgery. Both of them are a 3 years courses for medical Graduates (MBBS) that deal with the branches which do not require surgical skills. MD is awarded in both non-clinical as well as clinical branches.
Likewise, the future prospects of MD and MS as medical courses in India are generally the same. An individual who completes MS becomes a surgeon whereas the one who takes up MD is a physician. Finally, a surgeon can work in place of a physician with more study of medicine while a physician cannot be a surgeon. In contrast, financially, a surgeon can earn a lot more money than a physician, if he or she is skilled.
The Popular specializations in MS and MD are:
Obstetrics & Gynecology, Endocrinology, Orthopaedics, Neurology and Anesthesiology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Paediatric, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Radiodiagnosis and Pathology.
Pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, Urology, Cardiac surgery, Cosmetic surgery, ENT, Ophthalmology, Gynecology, Obstetrics and orthopaedics.
So, usually, it takes three years to complete the MD or MS but for s super specialization the student needs two years more after MD or MS.
Furthermore, some of the best Medical Courses in India & colleges offering post-graduation in surgery/medicine are given below:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College(AFMC), Pune
- Christian Medical College(CMC), Vellore
- Maulana Azad Medical College(MAMC), Delhi
- University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, Delhi
- Sri Ramchandra Medical College and Research Institute(SRMC), Chennai
- Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (AMU), Aligarh
Certainly, apart from them, there are a few other medical courses in India which are also gaining popularity these days, some of them are:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor in Unani medicine and surgery
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Most noteworthy, medicine is a noble profession, no matter which course you opt, but study with full of interest and practice your profession with full honesty, because, with medical degrees, you are asked not to work with objects, or stationery but with the Human body, the most precious wealth of one’s life.
For more relevant information please follow Twitter | Facebook | Linked INBDSBHMSMBBSMDMD/MSMedical Courses in IndiaMSPopular BDS entrance examsPopular specializations in MS and MDTop 5 Medical Courses in India