Diploma course in Transmission and Distribution Systems
The National Power Training Institute, under the Minister of Power, Government of India, invites applications from qualified candidates for pursuing a 26 Weeks Post Graduate Diploma Course in Transmission and Distribution Systems.
Benefits of joining this course: This course is a job-oriented course which aspires to make a career in the power sector. By successfully completing this course, graduate engineers can get employment in the Indian power sector.
What is the current scenario in the power sector?
The Indian power sector is rapidly changing its regulation as well as institutional arrangements for structure.
Apart from technological and perception changes, major changes have been made in the electric sector through the PP model, reform, and restructuring. This has led to a huge demand for a person trained in electrical utilities.
Course content: It is an operation and maintenance of transmission and distribution system as per Safety and Power Supply Rules 7 (3) of the Government of India.
The instruction and training method consists of 60 per cent theory and 40 per cent practical sessions. The sole objective of the course is to provide technically and professionally trained manpower for the power industry.
Placement record: The placements have been good as many trainees from the previous batch have been associated with reputed organizations such as Adani Transmission, Sterlite Grid, Bajaj Electricals, Essar Power, Arcadis, Atkins Global, Khalib and Alamy, Toshiba Transmission and Distribution, Thames Indiatourlines, Suzlon, Schweizer. Engineering Lab, Manikaran Power, Genus Power and Infrastructure
Issue of the prospectus: already open from February
Last date for receipt of application: First Week of April
Merit List: 09.04.2020 5:00 PM
Counselling and admission: 3 days in the Middle week of April
The course begins: 4-5 days later after counselling
1.Rs.1,45,000 + 18% GST
2. Rs.27,000 hostel room fee for residential students (2 seaters) and canteen will be as per actual
3. Loan Loans provided by nationalized banks to eligible candidates. Fees can be paid in two instalments.
1. Engineering or equivalent in Electrical or Electrical and Electronics or Power Engineering
2. No age limit
3. Selection-: Percentage of marks obtained in B.E, or equivalent examination as per university norms.
4. Seat-: 60, Reservation 25% seats are reserved for the sponsored category, reservations for SC, ST, OBC and PH are applicable as per government norms in the non-sponsored category
How to apply: Candidates can download the application form from the website and send it with DD across Rs 500 in favour of PSTE Bangalore as directed in the application.
Head of Institute
National Power Training Institute
Subramanyapura Road, Banashankari-II Stage,
Near Yarrab Nagar Bus Stop