There is few update regarding the IMU CET programme for UG/PG course as below-:
- The last date for registration for Admissions to the PG, Research & Lateral Entry Programmes of IMUis extended to 30.09.2020
- The last date to edit result for RESULT AWAITED candidates (only PG Programme) is 15.10.2020
- Entrance Test for Research Programmes (Ph.D./MS-BR) will be conducted after the lockdown is lifted completely
(Any further updates shall be notified on IMU Website)
ALL CANDIDATES who had REGISTERED FOR IMU-CET (UG Except BBA) REQUIRED TO COMPULSORILY EDIT THE REGISTRATION FORM.
They can upload the percentage of marks obtained in the board exam,Correct Education Board 12, All registered Candidates have to compulsorily enter the board name (CBSE, ISCE, Maharashtra, Karnataka, BBOSE, NIOS etc.) again from the DROPDOWN menu ONLY given in the Registration Form
Uploading of certificate/marksheets, Class 10th Certificate b) Class 12th Marksheet (and not the Certificate)/Other qualifying marksheet
Online Common Entrance Test (CET) has been cancelled. Admission will be based on HSC / PUC / Intermediate
Examination. Rank Certificate will be issued based on the normalization method.
IMU CET 2020 Application The form is extended till 30th September 2020. Application Correction has been started from 22nd August 2020.
The Examination was cancelled due to COVID-19. It will be conducted by the Indian Maritime University. IMU CET is a national level entrance test organized once in every year to offer admissions into various UG & PG courses.
The entrance test is conducted for the candidates qualifying for this All India Common entrance test in the Marine engineering field. Admission will be provided in five campuses located in Cochin, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Vishakhapatnam.
For UG Programmes:
- B.Tech (Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- B.Sc. (Nautical Science, Maritime Science, Ship Building and Repair)
- Diploma (Nautical Science)
For PG Programmes:
IMU CET 2020 Exam Dates
- MBA (Port & Shipping management and International transportation & logistics management)
- M.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Dredging & Harbor Engineering, Marine engineering & management), etc.
|Release date of application form||1st July 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||30th September 2020|
The fee can be paid online mode through net banking/credit card/debit card
|General & OBC||Rs.1000|
|Reserved (ST/SC) candidates||Rs.700|
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have done a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates are required to score a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in qualifying subjects and 50% marks in English subjects.
IMU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- For B.Tech (Marine Engineering)/ B.Sc (Nautical Science): Candidates must have cleared their 12th-level exams from a recognized board.
- Marks: Candidates should score 60% marks in PCM & minimum 50% marks in English in class 10th/12th. In case of SC/ST, there will be 5% of relaxation in eligibility marks (not in English).
- Age Criteria: Applying candidate’s age must be between 17-25 years as on academic year. 5% relaxation for ST/SC.
For B.SC (Ship Building and Repair):
- Candidates have passed their 10+2 level exams from a recognized board.
- Marks: Candidates should score 50% marks in PCM & minimum 50% marks in English in class 10th/12th. In the case of SC/ST, 5% of relaxation will be given in eligibility marks (not in English).
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have passed in BE/B.Tech in Marine Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Naval Architecture from a recognized board.
- Qualifying Marks: Applying candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in the qualifying exam.
IMU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
- Exam mode: Online computer-based mode.
- Questions Type: MCQ’s type.
- Number of questions: Total of 200 questions for UG and 120 questions for PG test.
- Time: 3 hours will be given to complete the paper.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be allotted for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for wrong answer.
Subject-wise distribution of questions-:
|Subjects||No. of questions|
IMU CET 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus for the 2020 session varies for UG and PG programmes. The UG test syllabus will be according to 10+2 level.
For UG Courses:
The Syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics studied at 12th level.
For MBA Course:
The syllabus will include topics from Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.
For M.Tech Course:
The syllabus will include topics from English, Mathematics & of Mechanical Engineering/ Marine Engineering/ Naval Architecture/ Civil Engineering.